1. What was the first TV show you remember loving?
Batman Beyond. Supplanting the Batman mythos and placing it in an unknown future was a huge risk that ended up being just as good as its source.
2. What was the last TV show you watched every episode of?
Community. What an incredibly dark and disappointing 4th season.
3. What was the last TV show you watched entirely online?
The Taste. I wouldn’t have caught it if it weren’t for Hulu.
4. What was the last TV show you gave up on before it ended?
Supernatural. Watching beyond season 5 just seems wrong. Although, giving into that Destiel action is tempting.
5. What’s the one TV show you can always watch reruns of, no matter how many times you’ve seen them?
Friends, thanks to my older siblings who would have the DVDs playing throughout the day. Perhaps owing to its character-based jokes and situations rather than relying on contemporary pop culture, it isn’t surprising that the show holds up incredibly well.
6. Who is your favorite late-night host, past or present?
Conan O’Brien. He once taught me a yoga move for the sole purpose of pointing and laughing at me afterward. How can it be anyone else?
7. What is your all-time favorite cartoon or animated series?
Avatar: The Last Airbender. Its narrative touches on subjects one wouldn’t expect from a Nickelodeon cartoon, and it does so with aplomb.
8. What is your all-time favorite reality show?
9. What is your biggest guilty pleasure show?
Pretty Little Liars. I recognize that this show isn’t intended for me. I recognize the dubiousness of its quality. Yet, I’ve marathoned more episodes than any sane person should.
10. Who is your all-time favorite TV character?
Charlotte “Chuck” Charles from Pushing Daisies. Her positive outlook on life is absolutely infectious, which is surprising considering she can never touch the person she loves.
11. What TV character can you most relate to?
Desmond from LOST. Cowardice? Fear of commitment? Undying devotion to the person he loves? Yes, I am all about those things, flaws and all.
12. What TV apartment/house would you choose to live in if money/location/logic made no difference?
Dr. Frasier Crane’s apartment.
13. Who is your all-time biggest TV crush?
The immaculate Chuck Bass from Gossip Girl.
14. What is your all-time favorite TV theme song or opening sequence?
I never really got to watch it, but the theme song to Growing Pains is amazing.
15. What is your all-time favorite comedy? (Limit yourself to 3 if you must)
Tina Fey did wonders with 30 Rock.
16. What is your all-time favorite drama? (Limit yourself to 3 if you must)
Any drama? I’m going with a Japanese one called Hanazakari no Kimitachi e.
17. What are your top three “TV blind spots”—the famous/seminal shows you’ve never seen?
Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Two and a Half Men.
18. What TV show do you insist everyone you know should watch?
Psych. The weekly cases are a fine excuse to watch a well-rounded cast of entertaining characters crack wise and play off each other.
19. What show cancellation broke your heart?
Pushing Daisies. Its premise and production budget meant it was never going to last, but it doesn’t hurt any less.
20. What TV moment makes you cry every time? (Psst! Here’s a little help for you “unemotional” types.)
The emotional phone call between Desmond and Penny in LOST’s “The Constant.” He doesn’t call for 8 years! And she picks up!